Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Ice walk..

Real Name
    Amro

Ice walk..

Hello guys how its going,i'm new in here hoping to learn from you , and i have to say there's lots and lots of amazing shots on here i really having good time jumping between different posts and leave with new ideas so thanks guys for this web .

Ice walk..

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Re: Ice walk..

hi Arno, and welcome to CiC. An interesting shot with loads of potential. The first thing is to level the shot, it appears tilted to the left. The other thing that jumps out at me is the focal point, I am guessing you have used auto focus as this image is focussed on the rear where it could have benefited from being on the first pillar on the fence for example. Of course its all artistic preference and in the eyes of the photographer. It may help if you post your ISO, F Stop and Shutter Speed settings for others to see if you could adjust them to improve your images also. I like the way you have the stone wall coming out of the bottom corner but it needs perhaps a greater depth of field or sharper focus to capture that, I hope this helps.

Real Name
    Amro

Thanks WJT I'll work on the angle next time..

It can sometimes be difficult to decide what is level with some scenes, so if you can get the verticals upright, as Wayne said, everything else should look correct.

Difficult to tell with this monitor but a few patches of snow look slightly over exposed while the shadows are a bit blue. But those issues are commonplace with snow scenes and difficult to avoid without quite a bit of editing.

Although snow scenes are a rarity for me.

The foreground is a little soft while the far distance looks sharp. I would prefer it the other way around. But once again, it isn't easy to focus selectively; unless you use manual focus or combine a couple of shots with different focus points. And more crafty editing is required.