Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Completion of a year-long project: a favorite black-and-white

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Completion of a year-long project: a favorite black-and-white

A little more than a year ago, I began making and cataloging monochromes captured from 1983 to 2011 that were my favorite photos that are suitable to convert from color. (Photos made since 2011 were converted soon after being captured.) I will be celebrating with a special bottle of wine at dinner tonight because posting this photo completes this long and extremely enjoyable project.

This one was captured in 2011 and converted a few days ago. C&C encouraged, as always, though I have nothing to ask. Don't be bashful about the criticism just because it marks the completion of my project.

EDIT: Oops! I would appreciate it if a moderator would please move this thread to the People forum. Apologies for my mistake!

Completion of a year-long project: a favorite black-and-white

Real Name
    Tony Marshall

Re: Completion of a year-long project: a favorite black-and-white

Hi Mike,

Congratulations on completing your project. I know it can be hard to stay focussed on such a mammoth task; I started converting old Hi-8 family videos to digital over a year ago and still haven't finished.

It's a nice photo, which lends itself to B&W very well. The plane looks brand new; I wonder how many hours' work went into polishing it.

Tony

Real Name
    John

Again on your images my eyes are drawn to the lights. Nice image.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Tony: Be sure to let us know when you complete your video project. Seeing that plane in person is really amazing because it really does look as if they used thousands of gallons of silver polish on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Again on your images my eyes are drawn to the lights.
    Considering your screen name, I would expect that to be disappointing to you. Seriously, I decided during the post-processing that the monitor the boys are looking at had to be very bright.
    Last edited by Mike Buckley; 23rd February 2013 at 12:57 PM.