Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Morning Glory

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Morning Glory

Heres one from yesterday morning at Nightcliff. I'm not sure about it, open to C&C
    Morning Glory

Real Name
    Kaye Leggett

Re: Morning Glory

What are you not sure about ? I like the blue's and presume you took a long exposure which I think blends the sky and sea rather well. I also wouldn't tire of that view first thing in the morning.

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Quote Originally Posted by kaye leggett View Post
    What are you not sure about ? I like the blue's and presume you took a long exposure which I think blends the sky and sea rather well. I also wouldn't tire of that view first thing in the morning.
    Thanks Kay, I'm not sure if the colours work.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

HI Wayne,

I do sort of get what you mean, not that it isn't pleasant enough.

I think the fairly large area of plain, smooth sea lower left quarter is the cause of this feeling, almost 25% of the image with nothing in it. I suppose that points to it needing an alternate composition, but with shots like this, your "hands are tied" with what is in front of you. Getting someone to sit there and admire the view is just not an option with a seascape as it might be with a landscape.

Was there more foreground which you cropped off?
    I ask because I think there might be a bit of uncorrected barrel distortion bending the horizon, but that only makes sense if the top of this frame was close to the top of the capture (with more foreground in lower half) - of course, I may be wrong, it could be my eyes deceiving me

Hope that helps,

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    HI Wayne,

I do sort of get what you mean, not that it isn't pleasant enough.

I think the fairly large area of plain, smooth sea lower left quarter is the cause of this feeling, almost 25% of the image with nothing in it. I suppose that points to it needing an alternate composition, but with shots like this, your "hands are tied" with what is in front of you. Getting someone to sit there and admire the view is just not an option with a seascape as it might be with a landscape.

Was there more foreground which you cropped off?
    I ask because I think there might be a bit of uncorrected barrel distortion bending the horizon, but that only makes sense if the top of this frame was close to the top of the capture (with more foreground in lower half) - of course, I may be wrong, it could be my eyes deceiving me

Hope that helps,
    Hi Dave and thanks for your comments. I have cropped some off the top. I think what is bothering me is that because I used a polariser filter the sea is transparent and that doesnt really work for this morning light. The rock under the water are a bit distracting, I think.