Thread: Boy racer

Real Name
    Steve

Boy racer

Boy racer

Real Name
    Koos

Re: Boy racer

Good photo! DOF is good, composition is nice and the feel of the photo is good too. My compliments!

Real Name
    Steve

Cheers Koos although DOF is a bit of a guess nowadays, f4 @200mm and 1/400 @400iso, well it looks a bit slow for an action shot and I would have preferred something like 1/800 but that means doubling the iso.

The hyperfocal distance is 526 metres which is very far, I don't know how far the kid is but if he was 50 metres away then the dof would be approximately 50[525/(525+50) , 525/(525-50)] which I used to be able to do in my head, that is why the numbers are simplified. 45.5 metres to 55.25 metres or 10 metres, Must have been closer

Actually I can remember now why I took it, there is a no cycling sign above the kids head but he was a bit quick for me.

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Steve this doesnt work for me for two reasons, one is that bar in the foreground takes away from a really nice setting and two is the subject has no identity which can sometimes work, but not this time for me at least.

Real Name
    Steve

I think it is a gate Wayne because the park keeper drives a truck on here somehow.