Thread: Lightroom & Presets

Real Name
    Andy

Lightroom & Presets

I have recently been trying to put a watermark on my photographs & have had some goodish results. I have now however got a bucket full of presets that I do not want. Can anyone please tell me how to delete these unwanted presets?

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Lightroom & Presets

I don't use Lightroom, so can't help with that. But do you really, really need to put a watermark on your pictures? What does it add?

Real Name
    Andy

You may have a point!

It adds between $5,000 to $25,000 to a settlement for infringement in the US (if copyright is registered) and in the UK it prevents someone claiming they didn't know the image was copyrighted (you will get a higher settlement for wilful infringement than you will for innocent infringement). If you use the url of your website in your watermark it also helps people who may be interested in finding you/more of your work.

Getting the thread back on topic, the actual answer to your question is a little convoluted...
    Open the Export dialogue
    Scroll down to the Watermark selection and tick the box (you need to do this to enable the drop down menu)
    Click on the drop down Watermark Selection menu and select Edit Watermarks
    The Edit Watermark dialogue appears.
    There is a drop down menu top left of the dialogue. Click on this and then select the watermark you want to delete (the drop down menu will close automatically). Click to open the menu again and one of the option will be Delete preset "[name of watermark you selected]"
    Click that option to delete the unwanted watermark preset.
    Rinse and repeat.

Real Name
    Andy

Thank you Dan very much indeed. I use Lightroom with my special needs group & had loads & loads of presets to delete. All done now - thanks again.

Real Name
    Richard

I have seen some watermarks that are O.K.. These are usually quite small and inconspicious. However, it seems that many ugly and gigantic watermarks are simply vanity marks. "Look folks, I am a professional photographer and to prove that, I have implanted this gigantic logo on the badly composed, badly exposed and out of focus image I am posting. Just to make sure that no one will steal my property!"

This thread isn't about watermarks, it's about how to accomplish a particular action in Lightroom. Could we possibly not derail another thread just so the haters can bang the same old drum again.