Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: IR Snow and Ice

Real Name
    Anthony

IR Snow and Ice

I just got my converted IR camera and have been looking for things to shoot. I am a teacher and because of bad weather I got to stay home. So, I was walking outside and everything was dead except for one lone tree with green leaves. Makes for a good IR shot. I then broke off a branch and used it to dress up a bench with some interesting metalwork. I also tried to shoot some icicles. The one portrait is of my son. I wanted to try some portrait shots with the camera too. Please give me your input/opinions/criticisms etc. I am not only learning about IR photography but am still a beginner in regular photography too. I also wished I could of picked up a moved the tree to a less busy background...but alas...I couldn't. If anyone can give help about the bench photos too. I was a little disappointed to find out that they weren't in sharp focus. I am not sure if this is because of camera shake, IR focus shift, bad aperture etc. Thanks everyone!
    IR Snow and Ice
    IR Snow and Ice
    IR Snow and Ice
    IR Snow and Ice
    IR Snow and Ice
    IR Snow and Ice
    IR Snow and Ice
    IR Snow and Ice

Real Name
    Giacomo

Re: IR Snow and Ice

Nice shots. I like very much the ones with the dressed bench.

I never dealt with IR photography, but I know quite well the behaviour of green vegetation and of other natural surfaces with respect to IR: photosinthetically active vegetation strongly reflects IR light and absorbs red, while any other green artificial object will not.
    It could be interesting to compose shots with green branches and other green and/or red objects, it should - in theory - exalt the overall contrast

Cheers