Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Sunset

Real Name
    Walad Jam

Twilight & After Sunrise...

Hi ALL, I'm new in this forum. I begin with below first 2 photos to share with you out there. Your c & c would be much appreciated:

Sunset
    Pic #01 Raffles Marina at Twilight - Link: http://www.rafflesmarina.com.sg/marina.htm
    Setting: EOS 5DII, EF17-40mm f/4L USM wide-angle lens, Aperture priority, 1/30 sec, ISO 100, F/9, Hitech ND0.9 Reverse filter, Live view, tripod, remote cable.

Sunset
    Pic #02 Straits of Johor at Twilight - View overlooking Johor Bahru Malaysia from Woodlands Waterfront Singapore.
    Setting: EOS 5DII, Samyang 14mm f/2.8 Ultra-wide angle lens, Aperture priority, 1/200 sec, ISO 100, F/8, Hitech ND0.9 Reverse filter, Live view, tripod, remote cable

Sunset
    Pic #03 Straits of Johor after sunrise - View overlooking Johor Bahru Malaysia from Woodlands Waterfront Singapore.
    Setting: EOS 5DII, EF17-40mm f/4L USM wide-angle lens, Aperture priority, 1/10 sec, ISO 100, F/8, LEE GND0.6 + 0.9 Hard filter, Live view, tripod, remote cable.

Thanks a mill.

Cheers.

Walj
    Last edited by Walj; 14th January 2013 at 02:15 AM.

Real Name
    John

Re: Sunset

Hi Walad,
    I guess this is your 'Blue' phase.
    I like the composition and lines in No.2.
    Regards
    John

Real Name
    Paul

i like number 3 the best.the tones in the water and the sky are superb

Real Name
    Bobo

I too like 2.

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Nicely done Walad. You've handled the light and exposure rather well with the GND's. Nice compositions too.

The colours look a little over-satrurated to me but I guess that's a matter of personal taste. Also you might like to check whether the horizons are level. #3 in particular looks a little out to me.

Dave

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

Because your thread was titled Sunset I nearly ignored it because I have seen so many. I am glad I decided to take a look - very well done images - It may have been better to title the thread twilight or dusk which probably would be more accurate and as you obviously know is a great time to take photographs. As Dave above mentioned the saturation is just a little too strong for my personal preference.

Real Name
    Walad Jam

Thanks guys. Glad you like it - I respect whichever your preference are and your valuable comments, I will definitely accept it with open heart and will take that as a guide for sure. Also will try to remember this for my next shooting.

@Dave: Thks for your comments especially on the saturation. With regard to horizon, you are right! thks for alerting me too. I will fix-up the leveler next time. hehehe..Bad eyesight as getting old everyday.

@Paul: Thanks for your suggestion. You are right! I should have made it more attractive. Glad you finally decided to take a look at my thread. I agree, the saturation is a little overdone.

BTW, I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a Happy New Year. May 2013 bring you lots of opportunity, prosperity and happiness.

Cheers.

Walad J