Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Gimp-G'MIC Update

Gimp-G'MIC Update

Following posted on Flicker Gimp...More new capabilities specifically addressing my comments/request for Threshold, Invert color capabilities....

@wgoss : I'm actually uploading the 1.3.2.9 version of G'MIC which will include a nice 'Channel processing', allowing to do negation or threshold (and many other things) to one or several particular image channels. Let me know if you find it useful.
    Also, I've done some nice work on optimizing the parsing of the filter definitions, so launching the G'MIC plug-in is a little faster than before. This is nice particularly since G'MIC can be called from a script-fu, so that was annoying processing time.
    Last, I've also added more channel options in various G'MIC filters, so you can run filters for instance on the Saturation channel (that's sound weird, but it's actually interesting for many effects).

I use Windows but.....

Edit : The plug-in binaries for Linux 32 and 64 bits have been posted on the sourceforge site, so it should be available in few moments (we just have to wait the mirror synchros).

Real Name
    David

Re: Gimp-G'MIC Update

Will - Is this good or bad news? I think less time adding more features and more time explaining the existing ones would be better.

Anyway, thanks for the info.

David

Re: Gimp-G'MIC Update

David....a better engine is good and new filters from the students of Ronounours will be good....but the need to build help files and tutorials will probably be outside work....

I reviewed the Colors/B&W filters and discovered the loss of Contrast and Brightness....got the answer to my question today.....

@wgoss : Yes actually, 'Contrast' is now named 'Gain' and 'Brightness' is now named 'Offset'. This is due to the fact that other filters used these names instead of 'Contrast' and 'Brightness", so I decided to normalize the names as much as I could. By the way, the performed actions remain the same, so there shouldn't be any differences with older versions of G'MIC in practice.

Currently my working procedure ( Workflow/Post-processing Overviews ) remains unchanged and does not use G'MIC except for the possible change from GreyCstoration plugin for noise to the G'MIC enhancement version....

Time will Tell...now I just will keep up and experiment a little.....