Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Riemvasmaak

Real Name
    Santie

Riemvasmaak

A place near Augrabies, Northern Cape, South Africa. A harsh desert landscape, not well known because it takes some effort to get there. The passes are not negiotable without a 4x4 vehicle - but beautiful.

Riemvasmaak
    Last edited by Pixie; 6th January 2013 at 09:23 AM. Reason: No photo!

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Re: Riemvasmaak

Very nice composition, though I wonder if it would have been even stronger if you had allowed some space between the horizon and the lowest branch on the right side of the tree.

The image appeared at a glance to be underexposed and the histogram confirms it. You might want to check that out unless you were intentionally going for this look.

Real Name
    John

Hi Santie,
    I don't think I've had the pleasure to welcome you to CiC; so please accept a big welcome from me.

This is a nice picture of a beautiful place, well done on the capture. I would suggest you apply some sharpening to this picture, it would IMO just make a nice picture that little better.

Regards
    John

Real Name
    Santie

I've done what you suggested ... better? ... maybe . I could do nothing more about the framing of the photo, Mike, I was on a very narrow pass with no room to spare, and only a 35mm lens.

Riemvasmaak

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

So much nicer that I would like to see a larger photo. Considering that you're new to CiC, I wonder if you know that you can upload quite large photos. People often upload files that are about 1000 pixels on the long side. The software will automatically display a smaller size in the thread. Clicking the photo provides access to the larger version.