Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: In need of an advice please help

In need of an advice please help

Hey there , i just bought fujifilm finepix s2980 from ebay and im pretty excited . Any knwledge or avice .Anyone can check it out and tell me something about it , if its good? Someone who knows about cameras or photographers or something like that . Thanks

Specifications:

14-megapixel (effective) 1/2.3-inch CCD image sensor

35mm equivalent lens focal length: 24-504mm

records photos and video onto optional SD or SDHC memory cards

18X optical zoom (6.7X digital zoom)

3" LCD screen

electronic viewfinder

Special Features:

high-definition movie mode (up to 720p resolution)

ergonomically designed control interface

sensor shift stabilization minimizes blurring caused by a shaky hand

SR Auto mode optimizes settings for 6 typical scenes: Portrait, Landscape, Night, Macro, Night Portrait, and Backlit Portrait

face detection identifies up to 10 faces in your frame and adjusts focus and exposure for better portraits

super macro mode focuses on close objects as close as 2 cm from the lens

pre-tag your captured photos and movies for automatic upload to sharing sites when you next connect to a computer

fast auto focusing and tracking keeps fast-moving subjects in the frame and in focus

motion panorama automatically stitches together consecutive shots for easy 360° panoramas

Connections and Dimensions:
    high-speed USB interface

mini HDMI output (cable not included)

takes "AA" batteries

4-5/16"W x 2-13/16"H x 3-3/16"D

weight (without battery and memory): 12.0 oz.

warranty: 1 year

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: In need of an advice please help

The only advise that I would offer is that you get out there and start using your new camera by shooting lots.

Once you've bought it, it's a bit late to ask for advice...

But do you think its good ?

Real Name
    Mike Bareham

Have a look HERE for a professional opinion.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Dcassar97 View Post
    It isn't the camera that makes the difference, it's what you get out and do with it that produces the images that range from snapshots to the highly desirable results. Manfred has it right. Start using whatever camera you can get your hands on and you'll be surprised at what you can make it do for you.

As you learn, post your images and we'll help you to get better. Take a look HERE for starters.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi,

Could you do us a favour and Edit your Profile and provide a first name in the Real Name field and where you are (roughly) in the Location field please?

Well, that depends what you compare it to, it is obviously better than some cameras and worse than others

I started with a similar style Fuji S6500 back in 2007, so yes, it is probably better than that - mine only had a 10x zoom, 6MP and a smaller LCD.

Follow Manfred and Frank's advice - start shooting.
    When things don't turn out as you'd hoped, find out why - we have many excellent tutorials here, or ask us, based on Frank's linked post.

Here's how to add pictures (if you don't know);
    HELP THREAD: How can I post images here?

Welcome to the CiC forums from ....

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Whether I or the reviewers think it is good or not is irrelevant. "Good" is whether or not you feel that you have received good value for your money. The only person that can answer that question is you.

If you enjoy shooting with it and improve your picture taking skill, both compositional and technical, then I would say you made the right choice. If it sits at home in a drawer or on a shelf, then perhaps not. It's not a camera that I would chose to use in challenging situations where there is a lot of action or lighting is limited, but it should be more than adequate for general photography and posting those shots on the internet.

The reason for you to get out there and shoot is to learn how to use your camera and understand its limits. It looks like it has manual, shutter priority and aperture priority modes, so you do have a camera that lets you make some of the shooting decisions, if you want to.