Thread: Pics from 1934 LEICA II

Real Name
    Peter

Pics from 1934 LEICA II

I bought a 1934 LEICA II with a 1936 50mm f2 SUMMAR lens from a Clergyman many years ago -- I have tried it with some colour and B&W film -- here are some results taken in Southend-on-Sea, Essex, England on some old 200 ASA 'TRUPRINT ( 3m ) film I was given ( downrated to 100 ASA) -- this was 'commercially processed and printed to 6x4"' and I scanned the prints with a 'MUSTEK 1200 UB ' flatbed scanner which came with my old 'TIME' computer I was given by my Sister-in-Law to give me another interest after Cancer Chemo. treatment.
    Pics from 1934 LEICA II
    Leica 1934 12 by pentaxpete, on Flickr
    Pics from 1934 LEICA II
    Leica 1934 14 by pentaxpete, on Flickr
    Pics from 1934 LEICA II
    Leica 1934 9 by pentaxpete, on Flickr
    Pics from 1934 LEICA II
    Leica 1934 11 by pentaxpete, on Flickr

Real Name
    Jeff

Re: Pics from 1934 LEICA II

Quote Originally Posted by pentaxpete View Post
    I bought a 1934 LEICA II with a 1936 50mm f2 SUMMAR lens from a Clergyman many years ago -- I have tried it with some colour and B&W film -- here are some results taken in Southend-on-Sea, Essex, England on some old 200 ASA 'TRUPRINT ( 3m ) film I was given ( downrated to 100 ASA) -- this was 'commercially processed and printed to 6x4"' and I scanned the prints with a 'MUSTEK 1200 UB ' flatbed scanner which came with my old 'TIME' computer I was given by my Sister-in-Law to give me another interest after Cancer Chemo. treatment.
    Pics from 1934 LEICA II
    Leica 1934 12 by pentaxpete, on Flickr
    Pics from 1934 LEICA II
    Leica 1934 14 by pentaxpete, on Flickr
    Pics from 1934 LEICA II
    Leica 1934 9 by pentaxpete, on Flickr
    Pics from 1934 LEICA II
    Leica 1934 11 by pentaxpete, on Flickr
    These are great - have you some larger sizes ? Hope all is well with your recovery

Best

Jeff

Real Name
    Peter

Thanks for viewing -- yes, I have some traditional darkroom RA4 prints I did size 16x12" -- the one of 'Rage' Ride won an award at my Camera club -- here is the Camera I used for these photos --- Peter
    Pics from 1934 LEICA II
    Leica II by pentaxpete, on Flickr

Real Name
    Richard

Wonderful examples of the capabilities of an oldie but goodie camera.

The imagery leaves no doubt why the Leica series cameras were the photojournalist's first choice in their era!

However, for some reason, I always had problems using the Leica rangefinders until they came our with the M-series. I actually did better with the Contax series of rangefinders.

I don't know if this is true but it seems to me that the early rangefinder Canon cameras were probably modeled after the Leica cameras and the early Nikon cameras might have been modeled after the Contax cameras. They looked each looked quite a bit like those German models.

My absolute favorite 35mm, oldie but goodie, rangefinder was the Nikon SP introduced in the late 1950's. I never owned one but, shot quite a bit with it. I liked the Nikon S series even better than the Leica M-series.