Real Name
    António Correia

Two foggy images

Two foggy images

Two foggy images

Real Name
    Will

Re: Two foggy images

Very nicely done, prehaps just a tiny bit more contrast in the foreground to make stark the difference might make them stand out, but i likey

Real Name
    António Correia

Quote Originally Posted by wjh31 View Post
    Very nicely done, prehaps just a tiny bit more contrast in the foreground to make stark the difference might make them stand out, but i likey
    Thank you for the comment
    But the idea is in fact to transmit the foggy ambiance of the scene.
    May be you are right and I am wrong and indeed, a bit of contrast in the foreground would be fine.
    I'll try that latter on and post.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Correia View Post
    But the idea is in fact to transmit the foggy ambiance of the scene.
    May be you are right and I am wrong and indeed, a bit of contrast in the foreground would be fine.
    I'll try that latter on and post.
    I like them as they are, especially the 2nd one. The way the colour and contrast fall off is wonderfully natural. The perfectly still reflection of the trees help convey a wonderfully peaceful atmosphere too. I like when it's still and foggy like that

Real Name
    António Correia

Meanwhile...

Two foggy images

Real Name
    Ali

Very nice soothing shots, Antonio. I like the second one, and I agree with a little bit more contrast, it is a little bit too dull now I think.

The only thing I see as a problem here in the second shot is the small pool of water. It ends abruptly and it is not pretty. Would be nice to have the reflection of the trees everywhere in the foreground; of course, for that you need a lake

Real Name
    António Correia

Quote Originally Posted by wjh31 View Post

I have tried your suggestion and it doesn't look good to me.
    Or maybe I just don't know how to do it ...

Real Name
    António Correia

Quote Originally Posted by Alis View Post
    Very nice soothing shots, Antonio. I like the second one, and I agree with a little bit more contrast, it is a little bit too dull now I think.
    The only thing I see as a problem here in the second shot is the small pool of water. It ends abruptly and it is not pretty. Would be nice to have the reflection of the trees everywhere in the foreground; of course, for that you need a lake
    Alis. Thanks.
    If the image looks dull OK it's good. It reached my goal/idea.
    In fact, the pool is just a depression on the old and unused road/path.
    Like in the first image when you see those "ponds/pools" that are nothing but the trails of some car which passed there some time ago.
    These are old pictures I recovered because two will be in a small exposition in Setubal.

Real Name
    António Correia

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I like them as they are, especially the 2nd one. The way the colour and contrast fall off is wonderfully natural. The perfectly still reflection of the trees help convey a wonderfully peaceful atmosphere too. I like when it's still and foggy like that
    Thank you Andy !
    You can imagine that I am not used to this kind of environment. Most of the time the Sun s shinning and the sky is bright, which is in fact, a joy.
    Fog is not very frequent here, but it happens from time to time.

Antonio

No 2 is a beautifully moody image. I think any enhancement would ruin the moment. There is generally alot of PP being applied to landscapes these days and I think we have forgotten the basic natural perfection we are trying to capture. If Capability Brown were a landscape photographer and he lived today he would be top of the tree for 'improving' on nature. Your image is back to grass roots and all the more refreshing for it.

Steve

Real Name
    António Correia

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    Antonio No 2 is a beautifully moody image. I think any enhancement would ruin the moment. There is generally a lot of PP being applied to landscapes these days and I think we have forgotten the basic natural perfection we are trying to capture. If Capability Brown were a landscape photographer and he lived today he would be top of the tree for 'improving' on nature. Your image is back to grass roots and all the more refreshing for it. Steve
    Thank you Steve.
    It is the best image of the two isn't it ?

Two foggy images

Just lovely.

I like these Antonio, especially the second which is a wonderfully atmospheric image. The fourth is also particularly interesting, as I get a sense of both peacefulness and eeriness from it.

Foggy
    Two foggy images

Real Name
    António Correia

Quote Originally Posted by SRai View Post
    Just lovely.
    ---
    Quote Originally Posted by GillR View Post
    I like these Antonio, especially the second which is a wonderfully atmospheric image. The fourth is also particularly interesting, as I get a sense of both peacefulness and eeriness from it.
    Hello Gill
    Yes the second image is really nice. I also like it.
    On the first one - which I think is also of some interest - the perspective is not enhanced and the ruins on the left and the un-seen end of the road gives a sense of void.
    I just remembered that I could have placed a pair of shoes or a doll on the ground.
    That would make us ask: What happened here ? Why are the shoes here ?
    It would add a different dimension to the scene.

It is curious the way I shot these pictures:
    I was driving to work early morning when I crossed a bridge over the rail way in the area.
    The fog was already there of course. I returned back - the camera was in the boot - and I walked on the fields for a while. I was late that day. Not a big deal !
    The photos are from February 2008 and were shot with the 20D + 16-35mm.
    The "treatment" was done with LR and CS to remove some papers from the herbs.

---
    Ajith, thank you for posting your photo.
    Does the ambiance was that orange/red or have you done any special treatment, like HDR for example ?

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Correia View Post
    ---

Ajith, thank you for posting your photo.
    Does the ambiance was that orange/red or have you done any special treatment, like HDR for example ?
    Yes Antonio it is HDR (Using Qtpfsgui 1.9.3)
    The same I posted in an HDR CiC thread Lots of HDR photo examples

~Ajith