Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: A little bit different...

Real Name
    Jon

A little bit different...

I am still working on the lighting for this idea and was wondering what you all thought so far. These are lit from below with some slight "painting" on the Devils Cut. I think I need a firmer base to eliminate the small blue light at the bottom of the bottle.

C&C anticipated

1.A little bit different...

2.A little bit different...

Then I found this little tequila bottle and had to play
    3.A little bit different...

4.A little bit different...

5.A little bit different...

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Re: A little bit different...

I like the second one a lot better than the first one because the tabletop and stuff hanging in the background doesn't show.

Please explain the details of your use of the light at the bottom of the bottle. What do you mean when you mention the need for a "firmer" blue base to eliminate the blue light? A thicker base? Is the bottle empty and, if so, have you drilled a hole in the bottom of the glass (is that possible?) that allows you to place the light inside the bottle? Inquiring minds want to know.

Your lighting gives shape to the first two that is missing for me in the last three.

Real Name
    Jon

Mike, the bottle is intact and full (well it was full until about 30 minutes ago). I have a small drinking glass turned upside down and set over a LED flashlight standing on end. On top of the glass, and under the bottle, is a 3/32" thick piece of black rubber with a 1" diameter hole cut into it(for the light to shine through). Since the base of the bottle is bigger than the glass it creates some ripples in the rubber, thus letting light shine underneath the base of the bottle. I think I need to modify slightly since I do very minimal pp and cloning is not an option at this time.

The last three are definitely a work in progress...maybe progressing to the trash bin but I am not ready to give up yet

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Quote Originally Posted by plumcrak View Post
    Since the base of the bottle is bigger than the glass it creates some ripples in the rubber, thus letting light shine underneath the base of the bottle.
    Would it work to put black gaffer's tape on that lower area to prevent the light from leaking?

Real Name
    Jon

Mike, I will try that on the next full bottle...taking pictures tends to make me thirsty, oops. Thanks for the advice.