Hi everyone!

What do you think about this picture?

Let me know what I'm doing wrong

Spring in Brazil

Have a nice day

Real Name
    Andrew

Re: Spring in Brazil

Sorry, no name on your profile to call you by. For me you need to get closer to the flowers. About half of the framed area is out of focus as this background should be but it contributes nothing to the shot. It's just blurry grass and to me just wastes the space. I think some sunshine usually helps photos of flowers outside as well. Camera on a tripod and get in close.

Real Name
    Aless

I will try your suggestion next time. Thank you

You can call me Aless

Real Name
    Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by aleilovephotos View Post
    Let me know what I'm doing wrong
    Hi Aless,

Maybe it would be a good idea for you tell us what you want to achieve from this photo and where you think you are going wrong. It's difficult for anyone to tell you where you are going wrong if they do not know your idea / thinking behind the shot and your intended outcome.

As a photo of some flowers I quite like it. I think you could boost the contrast a bit and maybe next time compose it so as to avoid the lightly coloured pathway at the top of the image. This may help to isolate the subject a bit more.

Cheers.

Real Name
    Otávio Oliveira

Fala, Aless! Welcome to CIC! I'm sure you will love this community. It's a great learning place!

Regarding your picture, it really personal what you wanted to achieve, but one thing that bothers me in it is the confused backgroud, I mean, it demands some attention from the observer to destinguish between the main flowers (your subject) from the ones in the background. Maybe you should try different angles to have a better result. For instance, you could lower your cammera and have the blue sky (it is spring here, afterall) as a backgroud.

Also, I would increase the contrast, as sugested (above) by Tommy.

Abraço...

Aless,

I think this is a nice picture. The composition seems a little off to me though, mostly due to the confused background. I also think that the focus on some of the foreground flowers is a little blurry, which kind of bothers my eyes. The colors of the flowers are wonderful though! I think they would be a good subject to continue experimenting with .

Good job!

- Jacob