Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Bonfire Night!

Real Name
    Sam

Bonfire Night!

Hi Guys!

Hope this finds you all well and that you're all having a fun and safe bonfire night. Myself and my partner went out to watch the local display we have here annually and it never fails to impress. As I'm new to photography, I think these turned out quite well. As they were taken with a long exposure, it was often hard to know if it was a big of small one that would come next and this made framing quite difficult. Any tips, criticism welcome.

Sorry for the people standing in the shot, they weren't there to begin with but showed after we had set up and we weren't allowed any further down the platform.

I haven't done any sort of post processing as my photoshop is a little kaput at the moment since upgrading to Windows 8, so the only thing is resizing and a watermark.

Bonfire Night!

Bonfire Night!

Sam

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Bonfire Night!

Sam

The people are blurred in the first one, which is a shame. But in the second one they're not and they really add context to the image. I don't think it would have been as strong an image without the people. It's a good one.

By the way, you don't say where you are. If you wish, you can go to Edit Profile and enter your location so that it shows up alongside all your posts, just as in my details alongside this message. Then we all know where everyone is in the world.

Real Name
    Sam

Hi Donald,

The more I thought about the photos after posting them, I thought that the couple actually did add something to the image. On the second image, the two girls in the photo are blurred slightly, I have no clue how the guy managed to stand so still as it was at the very least a 6 second exposure.

I'm from Ayrshire, Kilmarnock precisely but I'll add that to my profile now.

Sam

Real Name
    Sam

Some more for your viewing:

Bonfire Night!

I think this one may be a little underexposed, what do you think?

Bonfire Night!

I used a little bit of photoshop for this next one, I copied the bottom of the picture from one of the pictures in the opening post, as it was too much of a good shot of the firework to throw away. Basically the couple were all very blurred and I've taken them from the shot in the opening post and put them in this photo so they look a little less blurred. I'm no professional with photoshop so guaranteed you'll see some errors here and there.

Bonfire Night!

Thanks for viewing.