Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Loan Tree

Real Name
    Chuck

Loan Tree

I went out this morning to photograph the silhouette of this loan tree during sunrise. I didn't get a brightly colored sunrise but was pleased with the texture and subtle colors in the clouds. C&C would be greatly appreciated. This is a new kind of exercise for me. Click on the image to enlarge.

Loan Tree

Real Name
    pinaki

Re: Loan Tree

Beautiful.

Real Name
    Mark

Id be pleased with that, well done. im not sure if its my work monitor but the lower part of the tree is really dark. my pp isnt good enough to give you any advice on how to alter it though!!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Chuck - is that a heavy grad you've put on in PP? I'd have said it wouldn't have worked, but it does. It gives it something of an abstract sort of feel.

For me, there is sufficient darkness in the sky, on the right, to perfectly balance the tree. If the sky had been lighter it wouldn't have worked so well.

Real Name
    Chuck

Thanks to all of you for your feedback. The contrast between the sky and the foreground was extreme. But I wanted to give it a try. If conditions allow I may go out again tomorrow morning and move closer to the tree so I can get all of the branches above the horizon. When I first got there this morning there was a Raven in the tree but it decided to not cooperate and flew away. I wish the tree had a silhouette of a raven as well. Maybe next time. Cheers, chuck

Real Name
    Chuck

The original post was taken at 1/50th of a second. This one was at 1/25th of a second. The sky was changing rapidly and the yellow that was mostly near the horizon in the first photo had moved higher in the sky in the second one. The winds kept the patterns of the clouds in flux.

Loan Tree

That one has lost the composition balance for me, Chuck. But I wonder if a 4 x 5 ratio crop to concentrate just on the tree would work?