Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Boys from the Bush

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Boys from the Bush

Some photo's have a lasting memory. I took this one about 18 years ago and I reckon it was the first decent picture I took. It made me realise that If I could accidentally get a good shot without knowing what I was doing, then I should learn a bit more. Taken on a K1000 Pentax, 50mm lens using Kodak print film. I don't know where the boys are now but would love to get them together and see where their lives lead them. The boys had just found some wild honey and were excited about eating it. I love the innocence and enthusiasm they show. C&C welcome.
    Boys from the Bush

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Boys from the Bush

That, to me, is a social documentary. It is a piece of story-telling.

As an image, it's full of movement and energy. Each of the boys is doing something different. The way in which they are arranged provides a good sweeping line from the lad on the left around in a curve to the young person on the right.

Wonderful.

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    That, to me, is a social documentary. It is a piece of story-telling.

As an image, it's full of movement and energy. Each of the boys is doing something different. The way in which they are arranged provides a good sweeping line from the lad on the left around in a curve to the young person on the right.

Wonderful.
    Thanks Donald. Your right about the social documentary. I have decided to try and find out what these boys have done with themselves. I still have strong connections with the community but haven't been there for too long. I will send it to one of the elders and see if he can shed some light. Thanks for your comments.

Real Name
    Terri

Wayne, this is a beautiful photo. I love the expressions on all their faces. Children are a reminder that we are all the same, no matter our origins and this picture reminds me of this. It will be interesting to find them now. Thanks for sharing this!

Real Name
    Paul

Great image Wayne. I agree with Donald on the comp. Works very nicely. If you find them please do fill us in. I am now curious to know. It would be interesting if you could get them together and shoot the three again.

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Quote Originally Posted by terrib View Post
    Wayne, this is a beautiful photo. I love the expressions on all their faces. Children are a reminder that we are all the same, no matter our origins and this picture reminds me of this. It will be interesting to find them now. Thanks for sharing this!
    Thanks Terri, your right about kids. They haven't been corrupted by media and public opinion. I'll see what I can find out.

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Quote Originally Posted by jeeperman View Post
    Great image Wayne. I agree with Donald on the comp. Works very nicely. If you find them please do fill us in. I am now curious to know. It would be interesting if you could get them together and shoot the three again.
    Thanks Paul, I just hope that what I find is good. The opportunities are limited in our remote communities. I would like to show them this photo and give them one copy each, and of course get another of them today.

Real Name
    Griddi

Wayne, I love this photo, each one of the boy's faces has a different expression, and one can see their exitment of finding the wild honey......

I wish you all the best to find them again.......

Griddi.......

Real Name
    Soozie

Hi Wayne

I am just loving your threads on the people of the outback. Your images are honest, heartfelt and powerfully emotive.

It is very refreshing to see these people in a very positive and caring light and being afforded the respect and decency they deserve. Being from a Capital city where prejudices and narrow mindedness can run high against anyone that is slightly different, I sometimes feel overwhelmed by my fellow Australians lack of understanding and intolerance's.

Every post you make restores my faith in humanity. Thank you so much for sharing them and please keep them coming.

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Quote Originally Posted by Soozie B View Post
    Hi Wayne

I am just loving your threads on the people of the outback. Your images are honest, heartfelt and powerfully emotive.

It is very refreshing to see these people in a very positive and caring light and being afforded the respect and decency they deserve. Being from a Capital city where prejudices and narrow mindedness can run high against anyone that is slightly different, I sometimes feel overwhelmed by my fellow Australians lack of understanding and intolerance's.

Every post you make restores my faith in humanity. Thank you so much for sharing them and please keep them coming.
    Thank you Soozie, it's nice to have a positive influence. The least we can do is understand that not everyone has to be like us. Glad your enjoying the message in my photography.