Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Day Dreamer

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Day Dreamer

I dug this one out last night when sorting some old pictures. I liked it when I took it on the Mekong Delta about ten years ago and it still gives me a good memory of the long boat trip through the back alleys of the river system. It hasnt been edited as its scanned off 50 ISO Velvia. Any thoughts on editing?Day Dreamer

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Day Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by WJT View Post
    ......and it still gives me a good memory of the long boat trip through the back alleys of the river system.
    If it does that, then it works.

Quote Originally Posted by WJT View Post
    It hasnt been edited as its scanned off 50 ISO Velvia. Any thoughts on editing?
    It's hard one to see if there's a better crop in it. In wondered about a 7:5 ratio that takes the bottom to just above those two (they look like little flags) at the bottom right and just to the left (to keep it in the frame) of that vertical structure at the left hand side. That maybe just tightens attention up a bit onto the child?

But, either way, it's a good one.

Real Name
    Phil Page

I love the Velvia colours!

I wouldn't touch it apart from maybe, as Donald has said, cloning out the little flag heads. The rest of the image gives context and shows the decking that the boy is laying on as the roof of the house boat.

You posting your memories has evoked some memories of my own with a similar scene in Cambodia:

Day Dreamer

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    If it does that, then it works.

It's hard one to see if there's a better crop in it. In wondered about a 7:5 ratio that takes the bottom to just above those two (they look like little flags) at the bottom right and just to the left (to keep it in the frame) of that vertical structure at the left hand side. That maybe just tightens attention up a bit onto the child?

But, either way, it's a good one.
    Thanks donald, I see what you mean, good feedback again.

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Quote Originally Posted by dubaiphil View Post
    I love the Velvia colours!

I wouldn't touch it apart from maybe, as Donald has said, cloning out the little flag heads. The rest of the image gives context and shows the decking that the boy is laying on as the roof of the house boat.

You posting your memories has evoked some memories of my own with a similar scene in Cambodia:

Day Dreamer
    Very nice Phil, it was a pleasure to cruise the Mekong. I went from Saigon up into Cambodia and it was a humbling experience. I may post some other not so happy shots shortly. Cambodia stuck left a lasting impression. I would recommend both countries to any who havent visited.