Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Double Rainbow

Real Name
    Glenn

Double Rainbow

A double rainbow earlier tonight First time not the best C&C on how to get better rainbows.

Double Rainbow

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Double Rainbow

For a first time, the important thing is just capturing it and getting the feel that you've been able to do it.

The biggest problem when something like this happens is, of course, being in the right place so that you get the chance for a composition that will make a good image.

Whilst you did a good job of grabbing this, the fact that we're on a street with lots of cars and telegraph pole stuck up the middle of the frame etc., obviously doesn't make for the best location.

Real Name
    Tommy

That's an awesome phenomena! I would have jumped in the car and raced to a better location!

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Hi Glenn! You may be able to increase your odds by watching the weather forecast. Look for early morning or late afternoon storms that are changing to clear skies and moving away from the rising/setting sun.

In advance, scout out locations where you can face the receding storm with the sun at your back and get a pleasant landscape.

Real Name
    Tony

I'm curious. Cambridge Fenland or Cambridge Massachusets?

I'm guessing Fenland - same as me. I'm a few miles north of you but didn't get any rain let alone a rainbow yesterday. The comments regarding "chasing a rainbow" are a little unfair! From my experience the angle of the sun, light etc. change so quickly ...... My best effort was 4 years ago when I was able to get outside just in time....
    http://tonysx.zenfolio.com/img/s2/v1/p226711222-4.jpg