Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Tea Estate

Real Name
    pinaki

Tea Estate

I took this image in a picturesque tea estate near mirik near Darjeeling.I used my 18-55 Nikkor kit lens.The light was very bright in the afternoon.I don't know whether a closer view would be better or not.Am i including too many things in my landscape?Want your opinion.C&C are always welcome. Tea Estate

Real Name
    Miltos

Re: Tea Estate

Well it is a very interesting image. It is true that there many things in the frame but I think it is very pleasing for my eye to explore the textures, shadows, geometry and colors.

For me, there is a problem with that cloud.

It is too central. And being above a centrally placed wood just makes it worse. It is dominating the scene.

I would try reducing the sky by around half and crop a similar amount from the left side so the trees aren't so central. There isn't much of any real interest on the left so I think this would concentrate the view on the more interesting right half of the scene.

Real Name
    Dave

A good shot Pina but I tend to agree with Geoff. I would crop out most of the sky and let the shot concentrate on the really strong green in the land.

Dave

Real Name
    pinaki

Thank you for your valuable opinion.Actually i was not sure what should be the main point of attraction in this landscape.