Thread: By the Dawn's Early Morning Light

Real Name
    Allan Short

By the Dawn's Early Morning Light

Just got back on Monday from 4 days up north, near Bracebridge Ontario shooting the fall colours. This is one that I took about 20 minutes after sun rise as it had to also clear a low cloud bank. This was taken 180 degrees to the sun with a D600, it is a jpeg that was taken into raw as Adobe is not able to handle the D600 raw files at this time, nothing has been done in photoshop but a crop.

Cheers:

Allan

By the Dawn's Early Morning Light

Real Name
    Sergio

Re: By the Dawn's Early Morning Light

Alan, the fall colors in this image are amazing. The fog/mist adds a surreal mood to the scene.

Great capture.

Serge

Beautiful Colors, Awesome photo! I can envision a cabin somewhere there with my name on the front door.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Very nice image, Allan! Love the colors, mist and the diffused lighting. My only criticism has to do with the title of your thread: When is dawn's light not in the early morning?

Real Name
    Ron Lane

Looks amazing. Makes me want to move to the hills.

Real Name
    Kevin

Nice, Allan!

Our colour down here isnt that developed yet, so I have my fingers crossed. Early predictors of fall foliage didnt sound very prominsing, but sound more encouraging of late. Our problem often is that we get an early leaf fall before the colours have had time to mature. The next couple of weeks will tell.

Real Name
    Ken Curtis

Allan, this is a beautiful image. The colors are outstanding as is the composition and feeling one gets when viewing.

I was wondering if you would be able to do something to bring out a slight amount more detail in the sky at the top of the image. Possibly more contrast in that area or a slight darkening in that area might help. Then again, until I were to try it, don't know if it would look better or worse than what you have.

Real Name
    Bruce

Allan, when I first saw your photo I thought you must have cranked up the colour saturation but then saw you'd done only cropping then finally remembered that the fall colours in your part of the world really are more vivid than out here on the coast! A great shot.