Thread: World Cafe

Real Name
    George

World Cafe

I was in Toronto about a month ago, learning how to use a Sony RX100 I recently purchased and took the photo of a marina at night. I set the aperture priority as wide as possible with ISO 125, rested the camera on a rail and hoped for the best. I posted a photo a week or so ago and had feedback from Donald on not pushing the post processing and suggesting getting something better than Picassa to use. I downloaded Lightroom and think it is a great new toy. Now I have my camera to learn and Lightroom. Here's the original cropped, then highlights and shadows adjusted, then pushed the exposure to reveal unintended social commentary.

Cropped
    World Cafe
    1/10 sec, f/1.8, ISO125
    Shadows adjusted
    World Cafe
    Lightened
    World Cafe

If you look on the bridge just above the $5 on the sign there is a photographer there. Here is the view in the other direction. (Same rail.)
    World Cafe
    1/4 sec, f/1.8, ISO125

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: World Cafe

Good work, George. You are a fast learner.

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Nicely done George, especially the "Lightened" version of the first image. Now you need to get yourself a tripod (if you haven't already got one) as this will allow you a lot more flexibility with this sort of shot. In particular, you can use a smaller aperture to get greater depth of field. This is significant for the RX100 as I believe it has a fairly large 1" sensor (pretty impressive for a compact camera).

Dave

Real Name
    George

Donald, Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

Dave, A small tripod is in the mail. I'll concentrate on depth of field next.

I did check out both your sites - different styles and great pictures.

George