Thread: Kitty pictures --C&C always

Real Name
    Gretchen

Kitty pictures --C&C always

I found my all white bathroom is a wonderful setting for taking photos. Along with our solid color dogs, there is one lone Feline Overlord. He seems to get satisfaction from ruling over all of us.

1- Kitty pictures --C&C always

2 Kitty pictures --C&C always

Real Name
    Paul

Re: Kitty pictures --C&C always

I prefer the first one, a nice pose and to me he has a guilty look about him - maybe time to carefully inspect your slippers !
    Problems with this shot though for me are :
    he doesn't look well masked. That is to say that his 'edges' look ragged rather than furry. Did you possibly try to take out a distracting background on this one ? With backlit fur against a light background this is damn hard if not impossible, best to use a wider aperture to put the background out of focus and/or move the cat further away from the background if possible.
    This shot (and the next) look kind of noisy - are they small crops or did you push the processing on them a little ?
    Apart from that no.1 certainly is a nice shot, I'm not sure about the tiling bottom left, maybe unfold the towel to completely cover the bottom of the frame or perhaps remove it.
    I've often found a remote control for the camera really useful in shooting my cats. You frame the shot where you want the cat to be and go and put him there, as soon as he's there you get your hands out of the way and press the remote shutter release. If you don't do this by the time you get back to the camera kitty's found somewhere far more interesting to be.

Real Name
    Gretchen

Re: Kitty pictures --C&C always

Do you think this looks better?

1Kitty pictures --C&C always

2Kitty pictures --C&C always