Thread: Hummer 2

Real Name
    Bobo

Hummer 2

Could not resist going back for more shots.

Unfortunately she/they decided to stay away the whole day. Had almost given up as the light was getting really bad. Was leaving and one turned up - teasing me eh?

Did the best I could and was forced to use the on-board flash. However the refresh rate is sooooooooooooooo slow that it turned out to be useless. All other shots fared no better. Light just too far gone.

The on-board flash was at -2/3 power but still managed to give the eyes the "steely eye" effect + the catchlight as seen here. Removed the steely bit.

I am a bit unhappy with the not so natural looking catchlight. How does it look to you? Leave alone? Do something to it? Would appreciate comments/suggestions.

These 2 were the only decent shots.

Hummer 2

Hummer 2
    Last edited by Bobobird; 21st September 2012 at 05:28 AM.

Real Name
    Andre Burger

Re: Hummer 2

Well done Bobo!

Real Name
    Soozie

Hi Bobo

I think the lighting is great. It brings out the vibrant colour of the flower and the hummingbird (who I suspect is female being such a plain Jane). I love them just the way they are :-)

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Hi Bobo
    Great shots, nicely captured. Our little hummer is as sharp as a Barmaid's tongue! Only one thing I might niggle about is that maybe the colours are just too good! The blue of the flowers is so vibrant that I found they tended to overpower and distract my focus from the hummingbird, which is of course the core subject of the picture. But a great capture mate!

Real Name
    Bobo

Thanks Andre, Soozie, Ken.

Yes, the flowers are vibrant and more so from being hit with a flash. Actually in #1 they tend to overpower the little thing and the surroundings are just a bit too busy. In #2 it seems ok. But #2 is the better shot imho, so....

Real Name
    Bobo

Apologies for bringing this back up from page 2.

No one sees a problem with the eye ?? or am I being too critical?

Thanks.