Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Which Camera!

Real Name
    Kevin

Which Camera!

I just gone a got a 400D a few months ago but now with the more diverse types of photography I am doing I need something with a little more flexibility.

Here are a few things I am specifically looking for;

• A setting to select the Mirror lockup time when using a remote (The 400D is set to 2seconds and you can't change that and I need at least 8 seconds)
    • A bracketing function for one stop over and one under.
    • Would also be nice to have a image preview on the LCD (but not all the time, just a option you can select on/off)

I would prefer to stay with Canon but I am open to suggestions.

Re: Which Camera!

I can't speak for Canon, but the Nikon D300 meets those requirements.

Real Name
    Kevin

Good thing is that I found the bracketing option on the 400D lol don;t know how I missed that one, now all I need to do is find some third party software that I can use to change the mirror lockup time and I am sorted.

I had a look at the Nikon D300, nice camera but a bit pricey for me at the moment as I am just about to go get a Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Lens, or the 300mm IS version not decided yet.

I'm assuming by "third-party software" you mean a firmware hack; just remember that these = void warranty!

Administrator
    Real Name
    Sean

A Canon 10D, 20D, 30D, 40D or 5D (and of course the 1-series models) all support the use of the TC-80N3 timer remote. That is perhaps the most flexible camera remote I have seen for any camera. It's a little expensive, but there's no limits to what it can do really. Opting for the 30D or 40D should more than meet your requirements. Using bulb mode (with any remote) allows you to control the mirror lockup time based on how long you wait between pressing the shutter button the first and second times.