Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Kenko TeleConverters

Kenko TeleConverters

I am intrested in getting a 1.4 tele-converter but I can seem to justify spending over 300.00 for a canon. The other alternative is a Kenko 1.4.

I am wondering if anyone here has expierence with one..? Ive read some reviews about them by users and they sway all the way from dull too very sharp...the image quality that is , so I am looking for any inputs you all might have,,,

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: Kenko TeleConverters

Quote Originally Posted by kevinbythebeach View Post
    I am intrested in getting a 1.4 tele-converter but I can seem to justify spending over 300.00 for a canon. The other alternative is a Kenko 1.4.

I am wondering if anyone here has expierence with one..? Ive read some reviews about them by users and they sway all the way from dull too very sharp...the image quality that is , so I am looking for any inputs you all might have,,,
    You could always adopt the philosophy that I've used for years ...

... "buy first, justify later"

Seriously, I haven't used the Kenko, but I've heard that optically it's OK, but build quality not quite as good as the Canon. Mostly with any kind of teleconverter you have to hit the "theraputic zone" with your sharpening far more accurately; a lot of people don't sharpen correctly and I think that teleconverters show this up - which is possibly why many pass the "soft" comments.

Re: Kenko TeleConverters

well I guessw ith your approval I try a Kenko then,,,