Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Majestic . . . (2)

Real Name
    Kathy

Majestic . . . (2)

More Colorado Vacation photos, this was by far the coolest overlook!! Thanks for looking. Comments and advice welcome!

Kathy

Majestic . . . (2)

Majestic . . . (2)
    Last edited by Donald; 14th September 2012 at 06:23 AM.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Majestic . . . (2)

Kathy

You'll see I have re-titled your thread Majestic ... 2, in order to distinguish it from your recently started other thread, also called Majestic. It can get confusing if there are two threads running with exactly the same name.

The other point is, aren't the two images in this thread the same as the second and third images in your other thread?
    Last edited by Donald; 14th September 2012 at 08:24 AM.

Real Name
    Kevin

Hi, Kathy

That 2nd image certainly gives Montana a run for their claim on "Big Sky Country". I suspect their is some really good detail hidden in those clouds, including some whispers of rain along the ridge line in the left 1/3. You might try reducing the overall exposure by about 1/2 EV, and dropping a gradient filter down to the intersection between ridge lines, with a little contrast enhancement, exposure reduction and highlight reduction. Might be fun to play with- it's a nice image.

Cropping the top portion of the sky might also be hepful- the division between sky and land mass is almost exactly halfway- one or the other should generally be emphasized, sometimes a difficult decision. I enjoy these shots from the West, I get out there rarely.

Kevin

Real Name
    Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Kathy

You'll see I have re-titled your thread Majestic ... 2, in order to distinguish it from your recently started other thread, also called Majestic. It can get confusing if there are two threads running with exactly the same name.

The other point is, aren't the two images in this thread the same as the second and third images in your other thread?
    Yes Donald, sorry about that . . . I was trying to make an edit and ended up with 2 posts instead, was not sure how to delete the one post.

Kathy

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Given Kathy's reply above, this thread is closed. Please click on this link to her other thread of the same name.