Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Continual High Sequence

Real Name
    Phil Page

Continual High Sequence

It's not very often that I shoot in continual high, and I definitely don't do it on a tripod. I thought I'd present a sequence in a slightly different way.

Basically during Ramadan, when the sun sets there is a call to prayer and the fast during the day is broken. Everyone can eat and drink again in public until sunrise the next day. In Dubai there are 5 old ex-British Army 25 pounder guns which are fired to signify the breaking of the fast. The cannon at Dubai Mall is supposed to co-ordinate with the Dubai Fountain which should start a display at the same time.

Needless to say things don't go exactly by the book in this part of the world, but after around 12 days of Ramadan they started to get the hang of this co-ordination!

Interestingly (if you are remotely interested) the official sunset is 3 minutes later for the top apartments in the Burj Khalifa due to their altitude at around 700m above ground level.

So this sequence shows, in contact sheet style, the 1.4 seconds before and after the cannon fires, with the start up of the fountains in the background.

Continual High Sequence

Real Name
    Gretchen

Re: Continual High Sequence

Very cool!

Why wouldn't you do it with a tripod?

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Re: Continual High Sequence

Quote Originally Posted by ggt View Post
    Very cool!

Why wouldn't you do it with a tripod?
    Ditto to both.