Thread: Blue Iguana!

Real Name
    Javier

Blue Iguana!

Blue Iguana!

This animal cross my path during a noon walk, and then tried to practice some portrait with this animal. C&C are welcome.

Real Name
    Gretchen

Re: Blue Iguana!

Very cool, he is striking a very dignified pose for you. I wonder if you made the background a bit warmer to balance his cool colors (opposite I guess, I think in pigment) That might make him pop more and give him the attention he so obviously feels he deserves! LOL

Lucky you!

Real Name
    Roger

Awesome lizzard, where were you walking in Florida?

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Javier,

Nice capture, but (I think) yearning for some PP to make the most of it.

S/he looks to be on the edge of a tree canopy shadow and the bright foreground distracts and has led to the meter under exposing the lizard from ideal, but to address that, you would need to treat the foreground separately, as it certainly won't benefit from being raised another stop or so in exposure like the subject needs.

Some opinions may differ, because the shadow shows behaviour, that it is necessary, but I'd say a better image would result from a diagonal exposure gradient applied to boost the subject + background and decrease the foreground (slightly).

Follow that up with a selective sharpen and possibly a little Local Contrast Enhancement of the subject only.

Is there a shot with a bit more tail?
    That said, composition is a matter of taste and this is OK, although if there's no more tail, you could crop this closer since you have excellent detail and the image can stand it.

Well done,

Real Name
    Graham Heron

Hi Javier.
    Lovely looking beastie, so prehistoric looking. I've actually been out for my own walk about today and got a few myself, post later once PP done.
    Love all those humps they have.
    Graham

Real Name
    Javier

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Hi Javier,

Is there a shot with a bit more tail?
    That said, composition is a matter of taste and this is OK, although if there's no more tail, you could crop this closer since you have excellent detail and the image can stand it.
    Here is:
    Blue Iguana!

Dave, I am learning first the theory and knowing my equipment later I will learn how to post process my productions, that is the reason why I did not process or treat my shots (I do not know how to do it yet); next month I am planning to start with lightroom 4 software to do more of what you suggested on treating the foreground, background and shadows. I really appreciate all feedback I can get to enjoy my hobby.

Real Name
    John

Hi Javier,
    what a great shot. I hope you find the time to carry out the PP on this picture; once you learn to use your software, I believe it will be worth the effort.
    Hope you don't mind I couldn't help trying myself, but look forward to seeing your version: adjusted to how you perfer.
    Well done and thanks for sharing.
    Workflow: Resized; Adjusted contrast, Adjusted colour saturation; Sharpened & added a boarder.
    I will of course remove if I have overstepped the mark.

Blue Iguana!

Real Name
    Javier

Quote Originally Posted by RogerCook View Post
    Awesome lizzard, where were you walking in Florida?
    I got lucky during my vacation trip to Grand Cayman, the only place in the planet where the blue colorful lizzard lives.