Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Praying Man... in B&W.

Praying Man... in B&W.

Thank you very much for viewing.

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Re: Praying Man... in B&W.

Nice moment caught, Jiro.
    This is from your Project 1600, right? The grains really add to this scene/picture. However I am debating about the two men in extreme right corner of the image. They are distracting but again they add an element to the image.
    They show that there were others too in the church and they like sitting scattered.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Very nice image! I don't find the other people distracting at all but the glare on the end of the end of the pews are distracting. If you toned them down, that would do the trick for me.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    Very nice image! I don't find the other people distracting at all but the glare on the end of the end of the pews are distracting. If you toned them down, that would do the trick for me.
    As you requested, Mike.

Praying Man... in B&W.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
    Nice moment caught, Jiro.
    This is from your Project 1600, right? The grains really add to this scene/picture. However I am debating about the two men in extreme right corner of the image. They are distracting but again they add an element to the image.
    They show that there were others too in the church and they like sitting scattered.
    Thanks a lot, bruddah. I noticed that, too. Whenever I am inside a church, I tend to notice that people prefer more space. Probably for privacy.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Your treatment of the glare in the pews makes a huge difference for me. Very nice!

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    Your treatment of the glare in the pews makes a huge difference for me. Very nice!
    Thanks!

Hey Willie,
    Really nice image ! What software do you use? I need to learn how to keep the skin tones looking natural when converting to B & W. I too like the second image better with the glare toned down.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Carl in Louisiana View Post
    Hey Willie,
    Really nice image ! What software do you use? I need to learn how to keep the skin tones looking natural when converting to B & W. I too like the second image better with the glare toned down.
    Thanks, Carl. I use Photoshop and Nik Software's Silver Efex Pro. Hope this helps. I have my custom settings, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    Thanks, Carl. I use Photoshop and Nik Software's Silver Efex Pro. Hope this helps. I have my custom settings, btw.
    Thank You Willie,
    I use Nik's SEP2 also, but I use LR4.1 along with the plugins. I will have to really get back into the tutorials and learn some more about B & W using Niks software.

Real Name

Thank You Willie,
    I use Nik's SEP2 also, but I use LR4.1 along with the plugins. I will have to really get back into the tutorials and learn some more about B & W using Niks software.
    I didn't go to the tutorials section path to learn SEP. What I did is I have a B&W that I really admire the processing and made it as my reference image. Then fiddling with all the sliders and default settings, I came pretty close to reverse engineer the reference image to come up with my own custom settings. Worked for me since then and was able to understand how the sliders work better. Good luck on your study, Carl.

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    I didn't go to the tutorials section path to learn SEP. What I did is I have a B&W that I really admire the processing and made it as my reference image. Then fiddling with all the sliders and default settings, I came pretty close to reverse engineer the reference image to come up with my own custom settings. Worked for me since then and was able to understand how the sliders work better. Good luck on your study, Carl.
    Thank You! Willie,
    I never thought of doing it that way, but I will give it a good try. Thanks for teaching me something new today! Your a genius my friend.

Real Name

Thank You! Willie,
    I never thought of doing it that way, but I will give it a good try. Thanks for teaching me something new today! Your a genius my friend.
    You're welcome, Carl. By the way, Intuitive, but not a genius. I'll leave that category to the highly technical ones.

Real Name
    Richard

Jiro, you have a wonderful talent for illustrating the feeling of your people in Manila. Keep posting the images. I wish I could visit Manila and shoot with you...

Real Name
    Allen or "Lurchy" is fine

As with all of your other photos, this had blown me away, i love your photos, and i cant choose just one as my favourite. You are turly an insiration to me and others!

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    Jiro, you have a wonderful talent for illustrating the feeling of your people in Manila. Keep posting the images. I wish I could visit Manila and shoot with you...
    Thanks, Richard. You are doing a very wonderful job taking care of rescued dogs in the U.S. You are far more valuable for your service there. But, should you have a chance to open up your schedule and take the trip here, I'll make it a point to make it all worthwhile for you, my friend. Kind regards.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by allenlennon View Post
    As with all of your other photos, this had blown me away, i love your photos, and i cant choose just one as my favourite. You are turly an insiration to me and others!
    Many thanks for your kind words, Allen. Thank you.

Real Name
    Raul or Gabriel

Nice picture. I can FEEL emotion!! )

Real Name

Thanks, Raul.