Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Steaming along

Real Name
    Glenn

Steaming along

5619 is a Great Western 56xx locomotive steams along at the NNR comments please.

Steaming along

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Steaming along

Wonderful composition on magnificent subject material. You've got down to a nice low shooting position and the curve just works superbly. I would be tempted to spend a bit of time cloning that low fence at the bottom left. I'd also love to do a B & W conversion on it.

The one area where I think it good take some work is on the exposure. If you look at the histogram, it is pretty flat until we get to the extreme right hand edge, where it takes off. That whole area of cloud/steam behind the engine is always going to present a challenge, but I wonder about re-processing and taking the exposure down a couple of notches, or getting to work with the burn brush and treating everything except, maybe the engine and coaches.

Real Name
    Glenn

Re: Steaming along

Thanks for your coments that low fence at the bottom left isnt a fence its part of the railway system the actual fence is about 10meters to the left. As a member of the NNR and have a lineside pass I was able to get that close to the track.