Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Rest Break -- C&C ALWAYS!!!

Real Name
    Gretchen

Rest Break -- C&C ALWAYS!!!

I was lucky enough to visit a Hindu Temple in my area. While taking pics of the exterior with their very interesting blue fountains, I noticed this person taking a rest in what was probably a very serene area. The weather was wonderful, he found a place in the shade and with the easy noise of the fountains, I'm sure he had a good nap!

There was alot going on in the color version, but I liked the angles and the blue of the fountains. I decided to filter out the stone and most of the water and greenery by making it B&W. I wanted to show the angles and the color of the water and the man. Do you think it works? What could I have done better?

here is the original:

Next, I'm going to concentrate on learning more about lighting and photographing my well-trained solid color show dogs () So, be prepared for an onslaught of Field Spaniels . . .

Always, Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.

ggt
    Last edited by ggt; 15th August 2012 at 05:36 AM. Reason: to show original pic

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Rest Break -- C&C ALWAYS!!!

Gretchen

I can see what you wanted to use selective colourisation in this image, but I wonder if it prompts a question - What is the intended main subject of the image? Is it the man, or is it the fountains?

I think the selective colourisation puts more attention onto the fountains. And I wonder if the image would have been more powerful if the main point of interest was directed towards the man. If so, then I'd suggest that this would work well as a B & W.

Real Name
    Gretchen

Re: Rest Break -- C&C ALWAYS!!!

I liked how the man and the fountains were all in line --I kinda felt that he chose that spot, not just because of the shade, but because of the gentle noise of of the fountains. I understand the color of the water is what would most stand out, but I wanted to make it about both. I rather think the whole thing is too much, all the angles make it hard to decide what is level with the earth. Not my best composition.