Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: house boat of Kerala

Real Name
    pinaki

house boat of Kerala

On my visit to Kerala i took many pics of Houseboats.Out of those pics i like this one.But could not do justice to those beautiful houseboats because most of the pics were muddy ,devoid of colours.I don't know whether these were due to the cloudy overcast sky or not.I used NikonD60 camera along with sigma 18-200mm lens.I was taking snaps onboard from a houseboat.house boat of Kerala
    Last edited by pinakibaidya; 10th August 2012 at 04:18 PM.

Real Name
    Richard

Re: house boat of Kerala

I think that his is a lovely image but, I also think that it would benefit from a somewhat tighter crop all around.

Real Name
    Allan Short

Not sure if your boat was tried up, or moving, if moving was it towards or away for the other boat. Sometimes is can make a better image if you wait a little longer than just take the shot. If the other boat was moving towards you, than waiting say 2 minutes you would have had a much stronger image.

Cheers:

Allan

Real Name
    pinaki

Thanks for your comments.What I want to know further is how can i boost the colour of image taken on a cloudy overcast day?Any suggestions?

Real Name
    Allan Short

"Images taken on a cloudy overcast day", that is a good one, it that is what you have, start thinking B&W images, or look for the smaller closer image forget the big picture stuff, for good colour you need light, if it is not there than neither is the colour. Experienced shoots learned this some time ago, so they change there methods of shooting, that is what you have to do, remember maybe in a couple of hours the sun may sneak through, and you will be in the right place and time work with what you've got. Two year ago I was in Iceland, could not take a bad image, this year cloudy, heavy grey skyes, flat contrast, I got less images, however I am more proud of the ones I did get because I had to work to get them and it was the best learning experence possible.
    So if it is flat and overcast, think B&W, and also look for images that you would normally overlook, think differently.

Cheers:

Allan