Thread: Lower.Manhattan

I live a stone's throw away from Cuyahoga National Park (NE, Ohio)..

Lower.Manhattan

I found this image interesting because of the pattern of shadows on the building. I also like the image's sense of being warm and dark. The building on the right tilt's slightly but I'm okay with it. I could not take a version of this photo from the ground level.

Appreciate any feedback.

Lower.Manhattan

Real Name
    Gretchen

Re: Lower.Manhattan

Very cool! I love the reflection of the windows on the brick to the left. It balances everything!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Karm

I like the idea behind this image. I think getting in close in cityscapes can really work.

I wondered about cropping at the left hand side (just up to the edge of that graffiti at the bottom left. That would leave enough wall for us to get the context, but maybe throw more attention onto the windows and the shadows.

I keep saying that teh first part of making good images is being able to 'see' as a photographer. 99% of the general public would never have seen what you saw in this scene.

ggt,

Thanks. Appreciate your comment.

Karm

Thanks Donald. I cropped the left side panel so that it approximately equals the right side panel. I tried your suggestion and it works but it really changed the nature of the picture. I seem to like things that appear a bit more distant from the viewer. Cropping up to the edge of the graffiti, at least given my tastes, pushed the center panel too much into the viewer's face.

Karm