Thread: In old Glasgow

Real Name
    David

In old Glasgow

Some photos taken around Glasgow's oldest house and the Necropolis. All comments welcome as we are all here to learn

In old Glasgow

In old Glasgow

In old Glasgow

In old Glasgow

In old Glasgow

Real Name
    Richard

Re: In old Glasgow

What neat shots... I like them all but, just to nit-pick a tiny bit; I'd like to see a bit more space at the right of the first image and/or cropping the left of the image a bit. In image #4, I'd love to see the subject lower in the image so that she has grass in back of her entire body. I think that would place more emphasis on her.

But, like I said, this is nit-picking...

Real Name
    David

Thanks Richard. Just getting into the working with models rather than street/ candid style. Jennifer is an eye catching model and just trying to do my best to make use of her looks.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

That's a great way to be thinking about photographing Glasgow. It takes us away from the stereotypical images and stimulates the imagination.

Real Name
    David

thanks, credit to Jennifer for coming dressed like this. When I was taking photos inside the Oldest House, we got a lecture about copyright from the worker there and asked if the photos were for publication? This was after I'd already asked if it was ok to take photos and was assured it was.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Dovrob View Post
    When I was taking photos inside the Oldest House, we got a lecture about copyright from the worker there and asked if the photos were for publication?
    Aahh. There are 'jobsworths' everywhere. You're very brave taking on a Glasgow jobsworth.

Real Name
    Kevin

David,

I enjoyed these very much, #4 especially appeals to me. I took a quick minute to demonstrate rather than try to explain a variation that you might have enough resolution to do something with:

In old Glasgow

Real Name
    Steven

these photos reminded me of my time spend in Glasgow and the Necropolis was one of the places that we go to often with out children. But then I wasn't into photography. Are the deers still there?

Real Name
    David

Hi Steven, sorry for the delay in replying. I'm glad the photos bring back memories for you. Must admit I never saw any deer when I visited.