Real Name
    John

Just a Duck

Hi All,
    here's another few from today's outing.
    C&C welcome as always.

Just a Duck

Just a Duck
    Last edited by JPS; 3rd August 2012 at 09:57 PM.

Real Name
    Gretchen

Re: Just a Duck

Honestly, I'm not big on ducks. My dogs and husband love to hunt them, so maybe I've just had my fill. I do like your pictures tho. It's nice that you got the feet under the water and none of it is blurred. Kudos! I do have to ask, did your camera add the nice framing, or did you do that PP?

ggt

Real Name
    John

Hi Gretchen,
    Thank you for your kind words.

I must admit, I normally like my duck on a plate; but these little fellows were entertaining the children in the park today, so they have done a good deed for today and were reprieved. Lol

The border was added in PP. I was sort of trying to 'finish' the picture. Do you think it worked or not?
    Thanks for viewing.

Real Name
    Gretchen

Yes, I like the framing. I play a lot on Photoshop adding and making frames (and lots of other things). I really like what you did. I think my preference for frames comes from an art teacher in college who insisted we matte everything. I makes even the most casual presentation look polished and complete.

Real Name
    Steve

Hi john, a much lower angle will make your duck come alive! Well done on the color and exposure.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Steve S View Post
    Hi john, a much lower angle will make your duck come alive! Well done on the color and exposure.
    Thanks Steve. The issues I had here was a large fence between me and the ducks and the fact I was standing on a raised area around the water; even laying down wouldn't have brought me level; but I agree that if I could have got a better angle they would probably have looked better. Well there's aways next time.