Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: With thanks to Sharon (Daisey May) and Bernard (Benjy)

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

With thanks to Sharon (Daisey May) and Bernard (Benjy)

Sharon and Bernard teamed up in another thread and thanks to their efforts, I was able to identify the location of the image shown below as Luss, Scotland, as well as other images that I made there. I am very grateful.

C&C encouraged, as always.

With thanks to Sharon (Daisey May) and Bernard (Benjy)
    Last edited by Mike Buckley; 30th July 2012 at 12:51 AM.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: With thanks to Sharon (Daisey May) and Bernard (Benjy)

That is a very nice image. The key to it, for me, is the composition - simple and straightforward, but with all the elements perfectly placed to give a balance and harmony to the image.

And - I was reading your quest to identify where this was (in this thread). You've kindly commented on some of my recent images captured at Loch Lomond (e.g. this). Well, just to add to the coincidence, if you could see over the islands on the Loch that appear in mine and up the Loch side, guess what you would see? Luss!
    Last edited by Donald; 30th July 2012 at 06:56 AM.

Thanks, Donald. It's nice to know that the details of my composition speak to you exactly as I had hoped. For me, the key element is the open door. The image would be nice with it closed, but it would be considerably more static for me.

It's nice to know that our paths came so close to crossing. If you tell me that you took a particular hike in the Trossachs, we'll know for sure that our paths actually did cross, or to be literal, actually coincided.

Real Name
    Arlen

Lovely image, Mike. And I think you're right about the open door, which is also mirrored by the partially shaded window. The texture in the roof, and the splashes of low-saturated color, are also highlights for me. All these shots of Scotland that you three have been posting has prompted me to add it to my must-visit list.

Thank you, Arlen. I've always wondered why such a formal drapery is hanging only on one side of the window.