Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: old hunstanton beach,norfolk

Real Name
    Paul

old hunstanton beach,norfolk

after a scorching hot day on the beach.and being one of the last few people off the beach i was surprised by the change from crowded to empty in such a short space of time.so i wanted to show the bleakness but not totally empty of life.
    c&c welcome
    old hunstanton beach,norfolk

Real Name
    Helen Wood

Re: old hunstanton beach,norfolk

I'm no expert but have you thought about cropping out some of the sky - maybe to the point of where the clouds are on the left hand side of the photo so that the horizon is not as close to the middle of the photo? Just a thought. Can't believe it cleared out so quickly. I'd be there til the sun went down

This is a really cool picture, Bootsy. I always wondered why beaches in some photographs seem deserted. There is something very peaceful about it. I can almost imagine myself there now!

- Jacob

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

It's a nice image but I think you would have accomplished your objective (thank you for stating it so clearly) if you had gotten in a position that would have allowed you to eliminate the foreground grass. It's an element of the image that adds nothing to the story that you are attempting to tell and is a distraction from the theme that you are trying to achieve. I also agree with the suggestion to crop the sky.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Paul,

Unusual for me to disagree with Mike, but I actually like the grass in the right hand corner, I think it explains the high angle of view and balances the human interest in the other lower corner. That said, I would clone out the flowers and grases left of centre.

I'd also like to sea the see level - if you know what I mean

Cheers,

Real Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Hi Paul,

Unusual for me to disagree with Mike, but I actually like the grass in the right hand corner, I think it explains the high angle of view and balances the human interest in the other lower corner. That said, I would clone out the flowers and grases left of centre.

I'd also like to sea the see level - if you know what I mean

Cheers,
    cheers all for the feedback.as Dave pointed out i decided to leave the grass in to balance the image
    thanks