Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Mission San Juan Capistrano

Real Name
    Kerry Frank

Mission San Juan Capistrano

Good Morning...I shot this image in the morning last week at Mission SJC. I've since learned the best time to photograph this mission at this time of year is 3 - 4pm in the afternoon. That said, I think the image below, while not getting the maximum shadows and sunlight, came out OK. This one consists of three bracketed images PP'd in LR4 and PS6. Your thoughts and comments are appreciated, particularly regarding composition.

Mission San Juan Capistrano

Real Name
    Richard

Re: Mission San Juan Capistrano

The image portrays very well the very typical Spanish style, architecture of the California Missions. These were built with the overhangs and minimal doors and windows to keep the structure relaivly cool.

It works, I have overhangs throughout most of myhome (whch is in the same general climatic zone of the SJC mission) and it keeps my home quite cool in the heat of the day. I have coated the underneath of the overhangs with stucco to reduce the fire hazard.

I would have like to see the botom corner of the door. However, that is a nit-picky comment.
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 18th July 2012 at 05:33 PM.

Real Name
    Kerry Frank

Re: Mission San Juan Capistrano

Thanks for the comments Richard. It is amazing to see how architecture was influenced by the lack of air conditioning! I like your suggestion to show the bottom corner of the door. I'll re-crop and repost.