Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Rock 'n Roll

Real Name
    Terry

Rock 'n Roll

I have been trying to shoot some live bands lately when I don’t have anything better to do.

Here’s one from the last couple of night’s shoot that I kind of liked.

These guys were a lot of fun. They really played it up for the camera.

They rocked the house to boot!

Rock 'n Roll

I apologize for the copyright notice at the bottom of the frame. The band requested it and I was too lazy to remove it before posting.

Real Name
    Mary

Re: Rock 'n Roll

HI Terry-- Good capture of the eyes. Is there anyway you can get rid of that big yellow spotlite behind her head? It really detracts from the image. Good exposure.If you want to do more of this check out the blog at Hold the Eye images. He does alot of band shots especially in black and white.

Real Name
    Terry

Re: Rock 'n Roll

Quote Originally Posted by Vrgl View Post
    HI Terry-- Good capture of the eyes.
    Hi Mary.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrgl View Post
    Is there anyway you can get rid of that big yellow spotlite behind her head? It really detracts from the image. Good exposure.If you want to do more of this check out the blog at Hold the Eye images. He does alot of band shots especially in black and white.
    Well, I thought about losing the spot light, Mary, but in the end I decided to leave it in. I realize it is probably a bit of a distraction and figured someone would mention it. But in the end I decided to leave it because I thought (probably mistakenly) that it might give a more "rock 'n roll stage" effect. But now that you mention it I'm toying around with the idea of toning it down a bit. In fact, I think I probably will.

And thank you for pointing me to Hold the Eye. Some good stuff on there. I wanted to do these in B&W but the band wanted color for whatever reasons. So I'm going to do them in B&W anyway for my own amusement!