Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Waiting...

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Waiting...

Waiting...

Thank you very much for viewing.

Nikon D70, Nikon 18-70mm lens, ISO 800, f/8 at 1/100 second.

Real Name
    Kevin

Re: Waiting...

Hi, Willie

great pose, full of tension and anticipation. Excellent tonal range and exposure. wondering whether you have another shot in this series oriented with inclusion toward the left, that we might shre with your subject what she was looking at? My eyes keeping pulling toward the man entering from "stage right"

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by kdoc856 View Post
    Hi, Willie

great pose, full of tension and anticipation. Excellent tonal range and exposure. wondering whether you have another shot in this series oriented with inclusion toward the left, that we might shre with your subject what she was looking at? My eyes keeping pulling toward the man entering from "stage right"
    Thanks, Kevin. I'm afraid that this was the only shot I have of her. She must probably be looking to her right to find out where did her co-girl scouts go. I noticed the two bags beside her and for me including the bags to the composition adds to the story of the shot. The parade is supposed to arrive at where she is looking at hence her posture. Thanks for viewing, Kevin.

Real Name
    Allan Short

Are you and Kevin getting together to plan shots, both are some form of waiting, both are excellent shots, the very richness of the black and details along with the story that the viewer creates.

Cheers:

Allan

Real Name
    Kevin

Willie,

I confess I missed the significance of the extra bags, and it makes perfect sense. An excellent perception on your part

Real Name
    Andre Burger

Hi Jiro,
    This is a great shot. The way the girl looks out of the picture tells me she is indeed waiting in anxiety for someone. Why It makes me see anxiety are the bags next to her, as if someone had left her there and has not yet returned. She has a bag on her lap that she is “clinging” to, see the strap around her arm. The man in the background gives the feeling of a world carrying on without being aware of her anxiety. “Somebody Nobody Knows” a Kris Kristofferson song.
    Great story in this shot.
    Jiro, how about a tad of straightening?