Still Life 1

Still Life

Still Life 2

Still Life

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Still Life

Hi Bajradeb,

When posting images for critique, it is often wsie to say a few words about them in order to encourage a response.

This is probably the best advice I can give; How to Get Effective Feedback for your Posted Images

I have no idea what your skill level is, nor how proud of these you are?

For me, I see two pictures of some objects - they look more like candid shots of a seller's stall at a market rather than 'posed' still life images - the latter tend to have a definite subject and not loads of other stuff around the edges half in and half out of shot. Do you see what I am getting at? I think to qualify as still life the photographer has to take control and arrange the subject and also exclude any "non-contributory" items.

The problem is, if this was shot in a market, the trader would 'take exception' to your re-arranging his/her stall

There were some photo opportunites to be had here though; by going in really close (camera and vendor permitting), you could probably achieve an abstract of repeating patterns of the pots and/or wicker baskets - it may still be possible if you crop severely.

You do have nice exposures and tonal ranges on both shots.
    The EXIF for the first is; Fujifilm FinePix AV100 at 17.1mm, Auto exposure, Program AE, 1/128 sec, f/5.2, ISO 320.

Hope that helps,

Real Name
    Bajradeb Mitra

Re: Still Life

Hi Dave,

Thanks, your advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks again,