Thread: A Beam of Light

Real Name
    Jason

A Beam of Light

Hi again,

This is a photo I took at the Duntroon Dairy, built in 1832, in Canberra. I had a quick peek under a door to the building, as they were locked and I could not actually enter, and saw this ray of light. So I set the camera down with the lens just under the door and took this. I tried to make the light the focal point but I don't feel I have got it rights. I think that the sun on the floor is just a bit too bright. Any C&C welcome.

Cheers

J

A Beam of Light

Real Name
    Allen or "Lurchy" is fine

Re: A Beam of Light

i personally like it!

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Congratulations for being so persistent about making a photograph in a tough situation!

I realize that it's really difficult to determine what makes this scene look straight or tilted, but my eye tends to look at the two vertical walls and they seem to lean to the right; try tliting the image to the left.

I agree with you that the light on the floor is a bit bright, as it lacks detail. If that area is nothing but lost highlights, try copying another area of the floor into it and lowering the opacity to get a blend of the bright light and some floor detail.

Real Name
    Jason

Thanks Allen.

Thank you to Mike, and a big thanks for the help on how to fix the bright spot. I had a go and with a bit more work and time spent it will work out nicely, I worked off the jpg image so I have not tried to straighten it at all, I have included the redo with you helpful idea. Thanks again.

Cheers

J

A Beam of Light

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Wow! I actually didn't think my idea would work out so well; I thought it would be an improvement but not with such great results. You did a masterful job of selecting a good part of the image to move into the lit area and you positioned it perfectly. I don't think anyone would know the manipulation that has occurred. Perhaps I should enlist you to post-process my images.

Real Name
    Jason

Thank you Mike, that is very humbling to read. I would never have thought of it myself.

Cheers

J

Real Name
    Bobo

Excellent redo.