Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Photo manips

Real Name
    Natalie

Photo manips

Photo manips

Photo manips

This type of thing is not for everyone, but I had some friends that wanted me to do this for them. If anybody is interested, I posted the directions.

Tutorial, I use Adobe PS CS5

Open two (unlocked) copies of your image. Label one background layer, one named Layer two. On layer two, use the rectangular Marquee tool to make a selection of your image that you want to remain the same. Copy and paste your selection and name that layer "Selection" Right click on "Selection" Layer, click on Blending Options, check Stroke, and highlight the word Stroke, it brings up a box with Structure: choose a color to use for your outline, play with size, decide if you want it OUTSIDE or INSIDE (the edges will vary for these, I use INSIDE) and play with OPACITY to your liking. Click OK. Highlight Layer 2, click up top onto FILTER: Filter Gallery: Colored Pencil. Play with the sliders until you see what you like. OR you can try any of the other filters. Have fun with filters!! Click OK. Now you can highlight the Background layer, and crop the whole image of you want, I usually crop it.....Now go up top to IMAGE: Canvas Size: check Relative: click on the center of the Anchor, and put a number into the width and height, I put in 1 inch and 1 inch. Click Ok. Now you have a blank border, go to Paint bucket tool, choose the top color to match your inner frame or any color you want....and click the Paint bucket tool into the blank frame. That's basically how I did it.

On the OOB one, I did the same, but made the inside frame white, and opacity full opaque. Then I selected and copied the feet and front of the boat from the background layer and pasted it in a layer above the Selection layer. Now choose the selection layer and click on EDIT (at top) Transform: choose WARP and play with your frame to get a warped photo print look.

Real Name
    John

Re: Photo manips

Nat,

What was the Photoshop description for the first photograph, was this a corrective measure for over exposed images? Did you deliberately shoot high key?

Thanks

Real Name
    Natalie

I'm sorry, John, not sure what you are asking? I did forget to mention I did a Render: Lighting Effects: spotlight on her face, she was in the shadow of the umbrella....the camera tended to brighten it, I had it set to aperture priority....I didn't use any "action" to do this....guess I could create one to do this, though.
    Last edited by Nat; 26th June 2012 at 11:28 PM.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    I'm sorry, John, not sure what you are asking? I did forget to mention I did a Render: Lighting Effects: spotlight on her face, she was in the shadow of the umbrella....the camera tended to brighten it, I had it set to aperture priority....
    Nat,

Photoshop usually has a descriptor such as Photographic Effects, just wondering if this effect had a classification.

Real Name
    Natalie

I listed everything I did to process this image....don't know what else to say....My nieces do a lot of scrapbooking, and they liked the image within an image effect of this....I don't know where to find any other "descriptor" to describe what I did. Not trying to be difficult.....I just don't know what else to say.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    I listed everything I did to process this image....don't know what else to say....My nieces do a lot of scrapbooking, and they liked the image within an image effect of this....I don't know where to find any other "descriptor" to describe what I did. Not trying to be difficult.....I just don't know what else to say.
    Enough information given, thanks.