Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Mixed Weather

Real Name
    Pat

Mixed Weather

Hi Folks,
    Fierce intermix of weather in this part of the world at present, torrential downpours, burst's of sunshine, mist, fog all occuring one after the other. Captured this yesterday evening, your thoughts and comments would be most appreciated. Best Wishes, Pat

Mixed Weather

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Mixed Weather

Pat - One thought that struck me on first sight was whether the composition should come down a bit so that we saw a bit more of the trees that are cut off at the bottom of the frame and, as a result move the horizon up and have a little less sky?

Other than that, it looks a little soft. It might be because of the image size reduction. Be good if you posted it at a larger size so that we could click on it and see it larger in the Lightbox.

Real Name
    Pat

Hi Donald,
    I would have liked to compose the image with more showing at the bottom of the frame but the shot was taken through a multitude of chimneys, aerials, dishes, and roof tops, no room for manoeuvre to the sides or bottom. The softness is due to the heavy mist that had just eased for a few moments that gave me the chance to take the shot which was taken at a focal lenght of 400mm from my upstairs window.
    How does this look, Best Wishes, Pat

Mixed Weather

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Ollokot View Post
    How does this look,
    For me (and it is only my view) that moves it several rungs up the quality ladder. Look how the light on that aerial way up on the hill has been brought out and now becomes an important part of the image, rather than a bit of a distraction that maybe shouldn't have been there.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Pat,

Size matters

Well done,