Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: I try to choose my first digitcal camera

I try to choose my first digitcal camera

I saw one called a 'panasonic fs7' it seems to have all things a basic p,s has, do you think this is a good camera for a beginner.
    I can't go over this price, and just want to take pics mainly too post on forums, don,t need to print at all, subjects will mainly be children and pets.
    Anyone can give me some advice?

Real Name
    John

Re: I try to choose my first digitcal camera

Quote Originally Posted by Tristla View Post
    I saw one called a 'panasonic fs7' it seems to have all things a basic p,s has, do you think this is a good camera for a beginner.
    I can't go over this price, and just want to take pics mainly too post on forums, don,t need to print at all, subjects will mainly be children and pets.
    Anyone can give me some advice?
    The specifications are very sparse, the reviews are not very favorable, and the features are very limited. If you plan to edit photos before posting on forums you may want to look at something else. If you plan to photograph children look for a camera with face detection (not necessarily needed but a good feature), decent optical (5x) zoom, adequate ISO (100-1600) for night or candle lit shots, and compatible editing software for your particular computer. The latest Panasonic versions are the DMC fp3-fp7 and the fh1-fh25. Check these versions, read the reviews, specifications, and view the sample photos for a starting point. Other members will add to this thread.

Happy searching.

Real Name
    J stands for John

Re: I try to choose my first digitcal camera

I'm not sure what your budget is because the camera you suggest is quoted at various prices. A good place to find out about cameras is www.dpreview.com . I echo Shadowman's suggestion to look at the current offerings because the FS7 is a discontinued model. Then having found out one or two which are 'interesting' check prices on Amazon. For your stated purposes you will get little advantage by getting the 14-16 MP camera and 10<12Mp is plenty for you. [some will deliberastely ignore those higher Mp cameras for the quality of the 12Mp camera] So you can correct where the camera doesn't give you the best results I'd suggest you also learn to use an editing programme such as the free download Paint.Net ... posting your problems here to get advice.

You may note from my avatar that I am a Panasonic user