Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: June Moon

June Moon

100% Crop of the moon with RAW processing. Shot with a 40D, manual focus via live view. ISO 200, 1/50th f11 @ 500mm (800mm effective AoV). Lens used: Sigma 50-500mm "Bigma."

June Moon

Real Name
    Ian

Re: June Moon

We have all seen the moon photographed many times, but it nevertheless fascinates me.

A well executed example and suitably cropped. Could look at this one for hours.

Surprisingly beautiful for a dead lifeless rock isn't it

Nicely done.

just, what an appropriate quality lens could do to a picture this is technology, thats growing fast very good moon pic

it doesn't seem that far out!...

What post processing did you do? Maybe it's my browser, but it seems to be overly sharpened to me. The craters towards the top and bottom, as well as the shading to the right seems a little to extreme, almost unnaturally so.

nice photo..but are they any US camp based there!..just asking!! or American flag..hehe

Quote Originally Posted by rufusisnodufus View Post
    What post processing did you do? Maybe it's my browser, but it seems to be overly sharpened to me. The craters towards the top and bottom, as well as the shading to the right seems a little to extreme, almost unnaturally so.
    You have good eyes for this. The picture is indeed over-sharpened to compensate for a bit of blur due to an unsteady tripod. I made an artistic decision and came to the conclusion that the sharpening artifacts were more desirable than softness. I plan on a better capture in the future.
    Last edited by kevinf; 14th June 2008 at 06:50 AM.

Very well exposed. Just right Kevinf! My compliments. Apart from sharpening, I can see the effects of noise reduction as well. Personally, I prefer noise over textureless patches, but that may very well be a matter of taste