Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Boats

Boats

Boats
    Please comment.

Re: Boats

Nice image, I like the way the masts seem to go from tallest to shortest as they move to the right. I would suggest cleaning up the vignetting in post or cropping it, but other than that, nice.

Real Name
    Adrian

Nice colour rendition, particularly the water, except for the foreground shadow and vignetting as above.

Appreciate for your comments..

Real Name
    Ian

ajith.rajeswari, Have you investigated what is causing the vignetting as it appears in a number of your shots and as has been said would benefit cropping out.

Quote Originally Posted by shreds View Post
    ajith.rajeswari, Have you investigated what is causing the vignetting as it appears in a number of your shots and as has been said would benefit cropping out.

These are taken using 18-200mm lens, at 18mm the vignetting always occur..

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by ajith.rajeswari View Post
    These are taken using 18-200mm lens, at 18mm the vignetting always occur..
    ajith, is it the lens alone that does this, or do you have one (or more) filters on the front? (e.g. UV + polariser). You might want to try without, or only use say 20-200mm, to avoid or reduce the problem.

Failing that, correct in post processing; I don't what software you use, but try looking under 'Lens corrections' or similar for an automatic tool to do this. Failing that, manually clone a surrounding bit sk/sea over it, or just crop.

Hope that helps; and keep up the postings and pictures.

Regards, Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    ajith, is it the lens alone that does this, or do you have one (or more) filters on the front? (e.g. UV + polariser). You might want to try without, or only use say 20-200mm, to avoid or reduce the problem.

Failing that, correct in post processing; I don't what software you use, but try looking under 'Lens corrections' or similar for an automatic tool to do this. Failing that, manually clone a surrounding bit sk/sea over it, or just crop.

Hope that helps; and keep up the postings and pictures.

Regards, Dave
    Thanks ..I was using a polarizer + UV filter ..next time I am gonna try a similar shot with and without the filters.
    I am very bad(lazy too) in doing post processing ..may be it is high time to start doing it ..