Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: The Wormy Chestnut

Real Name
    Mike

The Wormy Chestnut

Recent motorcycle trip along the Blue Ridge Parkway. Im still working through my "first 10,000 terrible shots", so c&c is more than welcome. Im particularly not sure if the sharpness is up to par having taken this with the 5D3 & 24-105L.

f/6.4, 1/640, 400ISO @ 47mm

The Wormy Chestnut
    2012-05 | BRP - Version 5 by MikePhoto63, on Flickr

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: The Wormy Chestnut

I like how the road takes us into the image, but I'm not so keen on the selective colourisation. Also, we're not getting any detail in the sky. So. for me, this is one that I'd call 'nearly there, but ........!'.

Real Name
    Mike

Re: The Wormy Chestnut

I'd have to agree with you Donald. Had low clouds hugging the mountaintop all that day. Took this in a break from the rain. It was a very gloomy day. This image below added saturation to bring out some color, and was the only one with some color in the sky. The selective coloring one was one of the presets I have on the computer and thought it was something different. I guess, still no cigar!

As I reflect on how I took that picture, I might have had better luck if I went back to the road which was at a higher elevation, switched to the 300mm I had with me and tried it. Then I could have eliminated the sky

The Wormy Chestnut
    2012-05 | BRP - Version 4 by MikePhoto63, on Flickr
    Last edited by Harpo; 17th May 2012 at 01:07 AM.