Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Private Wine Label

Real Name
    Richard

Private Wine Label

The Doodle Rescue Collective, Incorporated has a private label wine which they sell through Benefitwines.com to make money for their rescue efforts. They selected one of my photos of Sophie, a rescue Labradoodle that we fostered last year, as the image on their Malbec wine bottle labels.

Private Wine Label

Real Name
    Paul

Re: Private Wine Label

Very cool...they have made a good choice. Congratsn Richard.

Real Name
    Mario

Well done. This is an example where the "rule" of thirds would have been counterproductive.

Real Name
    Brian

Congratulations Richard
    It is a fine photo.

Real Name
    Richard

This was a serendipitious opportunity that resulted in the image...

My jacaranda trees had just deposited a lovely layer of purple blossoms over my lawn...

The beautiful rescue Labradoodle, Sophie, was living with us while we fostered her...

My camera was ready with fresh batteries, CF card inserted and with my flash attached for fill light...

The first two points were pure luck; while the third point resulted from prior planning! I always have my cameras ready for grab shots of the wonderful animals who share my home at any one time. Having a camera stored away in a bag or cabinet, or even worse, having the lenses and flash disconnected from the camera and stored separately would cause me to miss many photo opportunities. In the Navy, we used to call this the "Five P's" "Prior Planning Prevents Pretty Poor Performance" of course, we used another word that starts with "P" rather than "Pretty"....

Even my wife, who is a compulsively neat person and who is driven crazy by anything out of place, has realized that the place for my camera is not neatly packed away but, set up and ready to shoot. I consider that convincing my wife of that fact has been the major accomplishment of my photographic career!

BTW: Sophie, the Labradoodle pictured on the wine label, was given up by her owner because he did not want to pay seven hundred U.S. Dollars for urinary tract surgery which was caused by keeping her crated and not allowing her to urinate often enough. The wonderful ending to that story is that Sophie has been adopted by a senior executive of a Fortune 500 company and is now a cherished member of his family and lives in a seven and a half million dollar home

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    Even my wife, who is a compulsively neat person and who is driven crazy by anything out of place, has realized that the place for my camera is not neatly packed away but, set up and ready to shoot. I consider that convincing my wife of that fact has been the major accomplishment of my photographic career!
    Well done! This is very important Something I need to work on myself.